Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

The Happiest Place on Earth!


This afternoon, I will be making a semi-spontaneous trip to the happiest place on Earth. That’s right folks. I’m going to Disneyland! 

In a little baby recap, I am back in my hometown of sunny San Diego for about 6 months during the hubs’ deployment. He will be nearby the whole time so I will be able to see him periodically (yay!). It was the best deployment situation that we could’ve ever asked for so we are soaking up this blessing along the way. 

Anywho, earlier this week we looked at our calendars and realized that we should probably go to Disneyland while we are in California because, well, why would that ever be a bad idea? Disneyland was our first date and we’ve been one time since but not for a while. So hotel room was booked, tickets were purchased and the day is finally here! 

Necessity is definitely the mother of invention and we always need to stay on budget. We decided to reserve a hotel room with a full kitchen. It was just slightly more expensive that a regular room but in the long run, it will save us having to eat out. 

I did all our meal prep yesterday. Here is what we will be snacking on during our trip! 

Friday night dinner: Turkey burger tacos (homemade tortilla recipe http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2012/06/soft-homemade-tortillas.html)

Saturday/Sunday lunch and snacks: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (homemade sandwich bread http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2010/03/25/homemade-sandwich-bread/), kettle chips, veggies and hummus, strawberries, apples, Lara bars, Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter 

Saturday night dinner: out



Hmmm I seem to have a lemon thing going on right now. But all these recipes are delicious and super easy! And more importantly, super easy to prep before you go and they will last just fine on the counter or in the fridge. 

Ps... I am so darn proud of that sandwich bread. I have always struggled with baking things that need to rise. Truth be told, I tend to half-bake them while they are supposed to be rising, which is exactly what I did with my first batch but I think I nailed it the second time! It helps that the weather in San Diego is 85 degrees in January. Madness!


Pss... Check out my lovely friend Madi’s post today over at www.homegrownhostess.com This girl is my soul sister and when we got together for lunch the other day, we realized we both decided to go to Disneyland the same day! So we will be meeting up tomorrow, probably squealing at each other across Main Street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment