Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Our Love Story



On my way home from our fabulous vacation this weekend, I had some time to reflect on how mine and my husband’s incredible marriage got started. I thought I’d share on here! 

In June of 2011 I had jaw surgery. I had a class 3 jaw, meaning that my jaw had grown too far forward and was misaligned. They broke my jaw in 2 places and rubber banded my mouth shut for 2 weeks.

A few days after my surgery, I was going absolutely stir crazy in my house so I went to my CrossFit gym just to hang out and watch everyone work out. I had no idea I’d meet my husband that day. 

I remember watching him workout and thinking he was pretty cute. He tried to come up and say hi to me, but I couldn’t physically talk! Later on, I found out he thought I was a bit of a snob. 

Fast forward to about 8 months later. My hubs was undergoing some pretty serious training in the military, which I saw was coming up via Facebook. I decided to send this super cute boy a message telling him good luck. 

We chatted for a while about CrossFit and then, towards the end of our talk, he invited me to come to Disneyland with him. Anyone who knows me knows I am a bit of a Disney fanatic so I was on board! 

We ended up leaving San Diego later than planned and the adventure began! About 10 minutes later, inside his little white truck, I knew I was going to marry this man. We spent the 2 hour drive getting lost, chatting, and singing country music.

We had the most wonderful weekend at Disneyland and ended up staying an extra night and driving home early Sunday morning. Truthfully I don’t know how we made it home; we were so tired. Since the second we’ve been together, it feels like we’ve been together 100 years. 

Since that Disneyland date we have traveled to Idaho twice, been on 2 more Disney trips, worked out and coached each other, gotten engaged, been to a Navy ball, planned a wedding almost all ourselves, gotten married, moved twice, been through one deployment and begun another, spent New Years Eve in New Orleans, made future plans, and have seen every day as time to cherish.

Every part of our lives together has been an adventure and we are constantly looking forward to each adventure to come because we have so much ahead of us! I’ll keep you posted! 


XOXO Em

No comments:

Post a Comment