Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Silly Little Wedding Story


I’ve always loved “the dip” at weddings. I think it is super cute and romantic and makes for great pictures. So part of our preparation for our wedding, of course, was practicing the dip. And we just had to practice in the place best for practicing dancing: the kitchen! 

We practiced several times before the wedding, but never really said “okay we are definitely doing this.” 

Flash forward to wedding day. We were both so nervous right before we walked down the aisle, but once we got up there, we were locked in on each other. Nothing else mattered. 

I knew the ceremony was wrapping up. Towards the very end I looked up at my hubs and whispered/mouthed “Are you going to do it?” Because of course I had to put my hands and everything in the right spot to be able to pull it off. 

Now what my husband heard was “Do it!” I’m glad he did because he wasn’t going to do it! We heard “You may kiss the bride” and we pulled it off! It turned out that that dip created one of my favorite pictures of our whole wedding, so I’m pleased with our little miscommunication. 

XOXO Em.




No comments:

Post a Comment