Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Some rainy day love. And a recipe!

Hello my loves! It is a cold and rainy night here in San Diego (unusual, I know), perfect for snuggling, movies, and soup. Unfortunately, my favorite snuggle buddy isn’t here (although I did get him for 27 glorious hours last week and get him for another 24 this week), but I am watching The Help and having some wonderful, hot soup! 

I keep checking and rechecking every time I type soup making sure I don’t write soap... 

Anywho, I finished out this week after seeing my hubby with lots of work. we are doing so well saving money and paying things off which is so encouraging. Getting ready for some very exciting things! I am loving being back at work and am switching between different departments wherever they need me. This morning I got to lift and workout with some lovely ladies I missed so much while I was in Mississippi and we planned a church date for tomorrow morning! I always love watching my Mississippi church online, but the church I went to here in SD before I moved left me wanting more after I visited again. So I am joining my wonderful friends Lizzie and Lauren at Lizzie’s church. Delighting in the Lord is even better with friends!  


Back to this being the perfect night for soup... What goes better with soup than cornbread?! Plus, I’m waging a constant battle with my will power to cut bread, and grains for that matter, out of my diet. This is a good happy medium!

Gluten Free Cornbread

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 Cup cornmeal
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Cup almond or coconut milk
1 egg
1/4 cup coconut oil or grassfed butter
1/4 cup honey (I like a little less since I put honey on top)
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Mix all ingredients in a large bowl just until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
-Pour batter into small cast iron skillet or 8x8 baking pan. Whichever you choose, be sure to grease with coconut oil.
-Bake for approximately 30 minutes. This is a rough guideline because all ovens cook differently and cooking time will vary depending on which pan you use. I just checked every 10 minutes.



Enjoy with a slab of butter and drizzle of honey of course! Isn’t everything better with butter and honey? Or how about honey butter for that matter! Enjoy my friends and stay warm and dry! 


XOXO 

Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment