Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

With This Ring

Last night was just a normal evening. I talked to my hubby on the phone, just chatting and recounting our day. He tends to get sleepy towards the end of our talk and we say goodnight, then I usually get up and hit my bedtime routine and then get some shuteye myself. After our talk, I got up and washed my face and brushed my teeth and took my vitamins. 

On my walk back to my bedroom, I just caught a glimpse of my engagement and wedding rings sparkling on my hand. How much I had always wanted someone to put that ring on my finger. But it couldn’t be just anyone, it had to be the person who was my best friend and my soul mate, forever and ever. That little glimpse just made me so thankful for that and so thankful for my husband.



My rings are so unique and I think it represents our marriage well. We have been so fortunate to find “our person” so young and to have grown so strong through everything we’ve been through. They are my most prized material possession. 

They are beautiful, but most importantly they remind me of the blessed marriage we get to share for the rest of our lives. 

How lovely that one split second, one little glimpse, can make me so thankful and remind me what a beautiful thing my marriage is. 

XOXO
E.S.W.


2 comments:

  1. Marriage is such a blessing! Thanks for a sweet post to help remind us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest post!! Marriage is a wonderful gift and you're right, it's not just for "anyone" It's the best gift when shared with the "right" one! This reminds me just how grateful I am to have Eric by my side, forever!

    ReplyDelete